BRAKES UNBALANCED

Toyota Corolla

I have a Toyota Corolla 1999 LE 1.8 with 98000 miles and had the rear brakes shoes replaced at a famous franchise. The franchise recommended that the drum be cut(machined) to remove the uneveness, which I paid for. My DMV inspection failed due to the brake balance test. Also after the brake repair I noted that the hand brakes need to be pulled extremely high to lock the wheels. The car will drive/move with the hand brakes pulled up i.E the hand brakes are not locking the wheels securely. What is your recommendation to fix the unbalance issue. Can you tell me if there is an adjustment for the hand brake lever i.E to adjust how high it is pulled to lock the wheels?

P.S I will send a donation by check if there an address on the donation link.
Zyram

Sounds like the rear shoes need to be adjusted, something that should have been done by the famous franchise. You can adjust the e-brake only but that wont solve the" balance" problem which I am guessing is too much front brake bias. Take it back to the famous franchise and ask them to finish the brake job they started

Jack42