97' 1.6 130.000 MILES

1997 Toyota Corolla

I own this 97' Toyota Corolla 1.6 ltr engine. This car has a hard time starting, and after a few tries it finally starts with heavy white smoke out the tailpipe, and engine shakes alot as well; while pressing on the gas pedal heavily to try to keep it started. I have started to take a look at different things. I first have come across oil in with the spark plug holes. I did not notice any oil specifically at the end of each plug after removing them(which are heavily worn) and inserting a towel to soak up any oil that may still be inside. I do have a oil leak, but not sure where it is coming from? I have also drained out all the oil for a 24hr period, and replaced the oil filter, but it is still trying to start the same way as before. I also see smoke coming from near the headers while trying to start the car.
This is the first time I have had any problems like this after owning it now for about 2 years. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may took a look at next?
Tsample