VEHICLE WANT TO CONTINUE TO RUN WITH BR

2009 Toyota Corolla

2009 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 27000 miles

What can cause this Corolla to want to continue to run after brakes are applied. Its like I have one foot on the accelerator and one on the brake. Toyota has had it in the shop now for two weeks and still does not know what is wrong. They thought it was the ECU, since it was fried so they say. The car will slow down but when you release up on the brakes it wants to go. Its only for a very few seconds, three or four. I talked to a Manager at Toyota Hqtrs in Torrance, Ca. He doesn't appear to be very knowledgeable about these cars. Kept saying the recall on the brakes for this car wasn't the cause. I don't know what he meant by that. The brakes seem to work fine. The car just wants to go. This happened twice now. I Just want the car to be safe to drive. Any Ideas?
Gq12g0

The 2009 Corolla was one of the recalled cars for the sudden acceleration problem.

They should have installed a shim in the pedal assembly, and reprogrammed the PCM.

Mmprince4000