ENGINE WARNING LIGHT

2007 Toyota Corolla

Computer problem
2007 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 19000 miles

My engine warning light came on and is staying on. After checking the manual, it stated that the light sometimes comes on if the gas cap did not click. I am not sure when the warning light first came on, but I do remember that the last time I gassed up, the cap did not click. But it was freezing and I didn't feel like messing with it! After noticing the light, and reading the manual, I reopened the tank and forced the cap to click. It didn't stop the dash warning light. I checked the oil, brake fluid, steering fluid, and coolant. My car is making no noises, starts well, and runs smoothly. The only thing out of the ordinary since it came on is that it has been very cold. Any ideas what is going on?
MrsJones

Hi there,

This light is an indication that the ECU has logged a fault code, the first thing to do is get a scan done to identify this code as it will refer to the problem that has developed, get the code and post it here or get you mechanic to investigate it further.

Mhpautos