-- AUTOMATIC

2002 Toyota Corolla

My corolla is coming up to 60K miles soon and the power train warranty will terminate. Can you tell me if there is anything under the warranty that should be done to the car befor the warranty is up?

When should my timing belt be changed on this car?

Besides oil changes are there other maintenances that should be done so that this car will keep rolling for a while?

Thanks.
June

You should have your fluid and filter changed every 30,000 miles for the transmission, if your driving is normal. You do not have a timing belt, Toyota changed to a timing chain starting with 1998 models.
Make sure to check your axle boots for cracks and leaks, there are 4 of them, 2 exit the transmission and 1 at each wheel. If they are cracked and/or leaking, get them repacked with grease and new boots before they start making grinding noises. You should buy a manual at any auto parts store, they can be very hepful in troubleshooting and routine maintenence schedules.

Way7158
I just had the tires balanced two weeks ago for a bad shake at 50 and over. The mechanic said that the rotors were starting to rust but wouldn't cause the shake. The tires were way off on the balancing and now it is shaking again. It shakes at any speed my hand vibrates and shakes bad, when I depress the brake it shakes even more any ideas? I am buying the car from a friend and he said that he thought a curbing had been hit and a tire had to be replaced. I am wondering what it is and if it is very costly to fix? It feels wobbly.

Lisap