HORRIBLE VIBRATION AT IDLE

2000 Toyota Corolla

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2000 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

The car vibrates horribly while sitting still, regardless of what gear it's in (just as bad in drive as it is in neutral, park, reverse or any other). The vibration goes away completely once you start driving, but while idling it's as bad as sitting in a massage chair. My mother recently had a motor mount replaced and prior to this there was no vibration whatsoever (even though it was faulty). The car also hesitates while starting but still starts and doesn't stall. It also accelerates well through the gears, but once it hits 40 it's a noticeable transition between gears.

I've heard this could be the spark plugs and wires and the distributor parts but I don't want to go ripping them out if this is a mount issue--can anyone clarify?
Wgrace07

I would look at the shop that put in the mount for the answer.

If there was no vibration prior to the mount being installed, then take it back to the shop.

Mmprince4000