GAS TANK LEAKING

1995 Toyota Corolla

Smells problem
1995 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 12500 miles

This is the 3rd time I have had to replace my gas tank in the last year. Somehow the pressure in the tank builds and splits the tank open. I changed the gas cap the last time I changed the tank, but it happened again. When the car sits in the sun it begins to leak. It does not leak in the morning or at night but only during the heat of the day.

Is there some other pressure release device for the fuel system besides the gas cap that may be plugged or not working?
Eughen@ca.rr.com

The check valve in the cap allow fresh air in, to prevent vacuum in the tank. The valve on the charcoal canister and TVV (thermal vacuum valve) or BVSV (bimetal vacuum switching valve) on later model release positive pressure from the tank. Check that if it is clogged. The TVV (and BVSV) is on water neck.
Also, under the charcoal canister, there is another check valve that release air from the canister. Check that too.

Jnovack