IGNITION TIMING

1994 Toyota Corolla

Other Category problem
1994 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

Hi,
I am in the process of chaning my timimg belt. I noticed that the rotator on my distributor is not in line with the number one spark plug mark that it was set on before I removed it. I have moved the crankshaft pulley to set Top Dead Center for the number one piston position. Therefore, after I removed the distributor, I turned the crankshaft pulley.
How will this effect the engine if the ignition timing is in the wrong position? Or
How can I adjust the rotor to position it at the number one spark plug position?
DO I have to wait until I have the timing belt replaced to adjust the ignition timing?
Please email if you have any further questions
Sincerely,
Julie R
Baton Rouge, LA
Musclecarbuff

You might as well wait for the T/Belt. Then put engine in no.1 firing position on Compression/TDC-line the sprockets and install T/belt then stab in the distributor correctly-your done. There's no chemistry to it.