SUNROOF

2000 Toyota Celica

2000 Toyota Celica 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

Newbie here.
Just purchased a 2000 Celica in great shape but the sunroof will not open electrically with switch.
The roof is closed all the way. I can lift up the rear of the sunroof about 1" with no resistance but can't make it move with the switch. No sounds coming from a sunroof motor. No nothing. Can't find a location for a fuse controlling this sunroof motor and don't have an owner's manual with the car. ( I know I need to get one).
After locating the fuse to make sure it's Ok, what is the ibest way to trouble shoot this non-working sunroof? Is the motor replacement (if needed) a DIY project for a fairly handy guy like me.
If this has already been addressed on this forum, please let me know how to find those links/blogs.
Thanks, Jim
Ajs08648