BATTERY/ALARM

2000 Toyota Celica

2000 Toyota Celica 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 145000 miles

So I just recently bought my 2000 celica gt-s a couple days ago, the positive battery terminal was oxidized so I took it off to clean. Now I cannot put it back on without my alarm going off! I was given no remote to turn it off and I cannot figure out how to turn it off otherwise. Someone please help!
RMBennett

Hi RMBennett,

Thank you for the donation.

If the alarm is factory set, close all doors, reconnect the battery and use the key to lock and unlock the doors to disarm.

If it is after market, you would need to check if there are any valet switch (kill switch/buttons) iniside vehicle under dash. Turn ignition to ON and press the kill switch to disarm.

Let me know if it works.

I have a 2000 Celica GT. In order to reset the car alarm after changing the battery or disconnection of battery here goes. Reconnect the car battery and this will engage the alarm system, the red led light will come on and begin to blink. Now there is a little black spring loaded button on the drivers side by foot rest. It is located on the wall next to the foot rest. Hold down the little black reset button and while still holding button down put key in ignition and turn to run (like your cranking the car). Hold this for approx 20-30 seconds. This will reset the alarm the doors will lock and unlock and the red led alarm light will go off. Take out key and there you go you should be set. It seems like a lot but its not. I just wanted to be detailed because it took alot of time for me to figure this out because not even the dealer could tell me : / GOOD LUCK!

Terigary