NO SPARK

1992 Toyota Celica

1992 Toyota Celica 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Ok, so here's the deal. 92 Toyota celica. Been sitting up for about 3 years. Went to start it the other day, so I put a new battery in it. As I was turning it over, my son told me the spark plug wires were arching onto the valve cover. Shortly after that, I checked for a spark to the spark plug. No spark.

Now I whipped out my trusty Chilton and tested the coil, plug wires, and distributor cap. All seemed to be within specs. I'm a little unsure a few things though.

First it says something about high tension cords. Have no idea where the high tension cord is. Best I can gather, it has nothing to do with cords, but is the connection between the coil and the rotor. It was metering at 75 ohms. In the chilton it calls for 25 ohms.

Next, is there a fuse that would have blown to the ECU and if the ECU was bad, would it present with the same problems I'm having?

Finally, how easy is it for the ignitor above the brake booster to go out. I'm really trying hard not to replace that because I was quoted $350 or so from Orielly Auto. HOLY SMOKES!

Anyway, if anyone out there has some helpful advice I'm all ears. I consider myself a pretty handy feller to have around, but I hate electrical problems.

Thanks for looking
RBaker881

Test the coil primary and secondary windings if okay test the distributor pick coil okay again -take the ignitor and get it tested. Also check the ignition fuse