FUEL FLOW ISSUE

1983 Toyota Celica

I have a 1983 Celica GT 22RE manual that is having fuel flow problems. When the problem occurred the car was running fine, in a heavy rain, then started balking and quit, and then wouldn't restart. After a delay of a day, it would start on the cold start injector for a second, then quit.

The fuel pump works when I short the fuel pump service test connector. I'm getting fuel pressure within spec from the fuel line.

Local mechanic ran a hour worth of diagnostics and said it was either the distributor or the fuel shutoff. I can't find any evidence of a fuel shutoff solenoid or similar valve. I've replaced the distributor with a working distributor. Still no gas getting to the injectors.

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.
Tralston1232

If the computer don't see a signal the Ne and G it will not energize the injectors. Also better check the EFI resistor it has to go thru there to power the injectors then the computer grounds it to complete the circuit.