WON'T DRIVE WHEN IN GEAR

Toyota Camry

I have a 98 Toyota Camry with 91000 miles. My problem is that when I put it into gear (from P to D, or any other gear for that matter) nothing happens. The car won't move in reverse or forward. It runs fine. It doesn't make any funny noises. I still have to push the button in to switch the gears, but it's real loose when switching from p to r to d to 1. Etc. Before this happened, it would switch to different gears if you bumped the gear shifter, without pushing in the button. Any advice? I desperately need it fixed!
Amirose

Somewher between the shifter and the transmission the cable and or linkage came loose. I would first check for a lever that shifts the transmission that is located on the transmission for any disconnection and work your your way to the shifter if needed.

Thanks for the advice! I'll check that: )

Amirose
Thanks-that was the problem. The linkage broke. Thanks again!

Amirose
My pleasure!
You have reached:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_metalsuccessacademylogo_1.jpg