WHAT WOULD CAUSE BAD GAS MILEAGE?

Toyota Camry

I have a 1989 Toyota Camry V6 2.5L. I bought it used is Jan '07. The car itself has about 156,400 miles on. I just had the engine replaced from one with only about 35-40K on it imported from Japan. Since I've had it, even before and after the engine change, I've gotten poor gas mileage. I can fill the tank and only get approx: 35-45 miles on it before it tells me that I went from a full tank to 3/4's of tank. I'm lucky if I can get 200-250 Miles per tank. All the basics have been changed, spark plugs, spark plug cables, fuel filter, cap and rotar, timing belt, etc. Have not changed the O2 Sensors. Not sure if they have ever been changed.

The car runs great otherwise. I put the car in diag mode and since I'm not familiar with reading the enigine light in diag m ode, here's what I got from it.

It will blink once and stay off for 1.5-2 seconds, then blink twice within 1 second then off for a few seconds then repeat.

What else could it be? My air filter is new and clean. Oil is new, etc.
Axlman