STALLING OUT

Toyota Camry

I have a 91 toyota camry with roughly 85,000 miles on it. I just took it in for inspection and it needed some work new struts, and a drive axle - so despite the cost (almost $900) I went ahead and fixed it because it was the first major repairs I had to do since buying the car over seven years ago.

anyways since getting the car back its been running funny. First time I took it out for a drive the second I pushed down on the gas it kind of chugged then stalled out and completely turned off. Im having to put the car in park and attempt to restart it whenever I press on the gas. After driving in slow circles around my neighborhood for a while the problem eased a little but it definitely still struggles to move smoothly when I press the gas and occassionally does turn off. I called the mechanic who just did the repairs along with my inspection and he said it was probably moisture in my gas tank and that its normal.

he didnt however offer a suggestion for repair or anything so I didnt know if this was something I could stop or avoid in anyway. So any info/ideas you might have would be a huge help.

thanks
Whiskeydew