LOUD NOISE FROM HVAC FAN

Toyota Camry

Hi,

We just got a 98 Camry with 16,000 miles on it. It was barely driven and most things seem to be fine with it. With one exception: The a/c blows out cold air, but does so with so much racket. It sounds like a washing machine with an unbalanced load. I'm guessing it's the vent fan b/c it makes the same noise with the heat on and increases when you choose higher speed settings.
The airbox of the car had a ton of eaten acorns in it so I believe the car was the home to mice or squirrels. Do you think it's possible they also make it to the HVAC systen and have damaged the fan motor or the fan blade itself and have thrown it off balance? Or is it more likely bad bearing on the motor and needs replacing. Also, can you give me a quick instruction on dissasembling the fan to see?
JSip