KNOCK NOISE FROM ENGINE

Toyota Camry

Hey

i have a xv10 95 2.2L Front Wheel drive toyota camry, which seems to make a knock noise after I accelerate. This happens normally when I accelerate slowly and release the gas pedal. The car has done about 100,000kms (62137Miles). Does anyone know what the problem is?

Hemank

Check the motor and transmission mounts.

Where the noise its coming from?

What kind of noise?

Like something " loose"?

Like a traction or brakes?

Let us Know.

Fisherman
Hey mate
thanks for getting back to me.

The noise is like a soft thud. It feels like its comming from the bottom of the engine.I only hear this thud after I accelerate and release the gas pedal. Do u think its a serious problem? Or is it the drive chain tht needs replacing every few thousand miles

thanks

Hemank
Start checking the motor and transmission mounts.

When one of them Its broken the torque off the engine " twist" the whole engine and tranny and makes that " thud" sound.

Check them and let us know.

Fisherman
So its the mounts thats causing the problem. Thanks. So its not a serious problem? How much do you think it will cost to fix?

Hemank
If. The problem are the mounts.
Around 200 for the " set" but check them first!
The symptoms pointed them BUT. Be sure
could be something else.

Fisherman
I think you are right, because the cars been in an accident, so I am guessing the engine has shifted off the mounts. And how much would labor cost for the job?

Thanks for your help mate

Hemank