BAD OIL PUMP?

Toyota Camry

Last night, way on the other side of town, I started my 90 Camry to return home and my oil light came on--which I've never noticed before, and I believe it stayed on the whole ride home. When I finally turned onto my street, the car shut off and quickly rolled to a stop. As it did, I heard a few clicks coming from the front of the car--the pistons locking up I assumed. All dash lights came on. I turned the key to try to start the car, and no action, just a click or two again. I pushed the car home.

I checked the oil today. It is full. My father and friend suspect either a broken/skipped timing belt or a bad oil pump. Both make sense to me. When I turned the key today, I heard my engine turning like normal, but no start.

I think that means the timing belt is set right, correct? How can I check the oil pump to see if it's working right? And is the engine likely damaged at all?

Thanks for any help!
90camry

Check oil sending unit.

Hitek