92 ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

1992 Toyota Camry

Okay, yesterday all my instruments went completely dead, odometer, speedometer, gas meter. None of them were working. I noticed the fuse had gone out so this morning I replaced the fuse and then after about 10 minutes it blew again. No, my CD player and clock still had power and still work, but as I was driving today my CD player started going in and out so I shut it off. Then I drove around the block to the laundry mat and while driving my headlights and interior lights severely dimmed. I shut my car off and tried to start it again but it kind of sounded like a electric screwdriver trying to turn a screw when the battery was dead. Working on this theory I decided to wait before I called AAA, and after about 20 minutes my car started right up no problem. I shut it off and finished my laundry. Again it started up no trouble, but driving home a mere quarter mile away it started to die, I barely made it back into my driveway.

What could this mean, as stated its a 92 standard Camry with about 170,000 miles on it.
Sylvansorrow

Get the battery and alternator check then comeback with the results.