STALLING

2002 Toyota Camry

2002 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

Hi, Im a 21 year old car technition at a local garage, I graduated from a trade school in my area with high honors and ASE certifications, and I still can't figure out what is going on with my camry. I love my car and there is not a single thing wrong with her, however over the past few months I have had a problem with stalling when I am coming to a stop light, or a stop in general. I changed my PCV valve, no result same problem. It doesn't happen all the time and is hard to figure out any kind of pattern as to how to make it happen. What I have figurerd out is that if I pop it in neutral and rev up the engine, the problem goes away for the time being, if I don't do anything the car eventually will stall out in a matter of seconds. Coming home from work today it did it again and my RPM's have recently started to pretty much do what ever they want, and today I put it in neutral to rev it up again and it died. Left me stranded in the rain for a half hour trying to figure out what is wrong with her. I am very old school thanks to my father and godfather, I listened to what she was trying to tell me but still I can't come up with an answer. I went as far as bringing it up to my school and asking my past instructers there opinion. With all of there suggestions leading to what I had already done I am at a loss and because I work in the field I am not I repeat NOT paying diagnosis at the Toyota dealership to find out what the problem is. If you could offer any help at all as to what would make my baby act up it would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you in advance. Jacob
Jbct112