ENGINE HESISTATES UPON ACCELERATION AFTER

1995 Toyota Camry

1995 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

I have a 1995 Camry that hesitates (almost dies) upon acceleration immediately after a cold start. Once the car is warm the hesitation is almost non-apparent although not quite as peppy, especially upon acceleration up an incline. I have replaced the fuel filter, but it did not solve the problem. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Jsbryner

Check the fuel pressure, mass airflow and throttle position sensors.

May I just add : check the ignition wires too
check it for tune up

BMRFIXIT
The fuel pressures are good, this vehicle does not have a mass airflow, and I have cleaned the intake side of the throttle body (butterfly valve and opening to hose). The spark plugs were replaced as well as new wires. Any other ideas?

Jsbryner
Did you test the throttle postiion sensor closed and WOT voltages could be out of range?

I have not checked yet. Another thought, would a worn valve guide effect the car this way? It does have a little rough idle that improves upon increasing RPMs, but I only notice the hesitation when the car is in drive. If it is in park, I can press on the accelerator without any hesistation (even upon cold start)

Jsbryner