NO HEAT

1992 Toyota Camry

Heater problem
1992 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

Hi Guys,
I just purshased a winter commuter (92 Toyota, Camry) Problem is now that it's gotten colder I've discovered I do not have good heat. The radiator has fluid and I believe the T-stat is working because as often as it is driven the temp gauge always stays in the normal range. I checked the heater controll valve and the lever/arm makes it's full movement when selecting Hot or Cold. Finally feeling by touch the hoses that run to the control valve and the short 3 inch one that continues to the intake port of the heater core all get hot / feeling normal. The hose that exits the heater core is cool. Does this mean that the heater core is the problem then? Can a coolant flush with cleaner help or will a replacement be most likely? And if it does need changed out - what is the level of difficulty on this particular vehicle/model.92 Toyota Camry, Auto, I4 2200

~bri
Bri

Hi there, make sure that the internal valve of the heater tap has not rusted and broken away, the tap looks like it is opening but the valve stays in the shut position, while the hose is off give the core a back flush as well this would normally fix your problem.

Mark (mhpautos) : D

Mhpautos