CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

1990 Toyota Camry

Smells problem
1990 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 99890 miles

I have browsed the questions of your web site and this seems to be a problem with lots of Toyotas. My check light was on and I took it to a mechanic they did a major tune up $342 and all was okay. A few weeks later I am in very heavy traffic and light goes on again after I drive awhile. Now the light is still on and all seems okay. There is also one other problem and that is starting the car. I must have a full tank of gas for the car to start easily otherwise I have to jiggle the keys or just keep pumping the gas pedal and then after doing this about 20 seconds the car starts with no problem. Any suggestions what my problem can be? Once in awhile there is a smell of oil or gas when I first start the car.
Mebeandrea