TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT

2000 Toyota Avalon

2000 Toyota Avalon 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125, 00 miles

I have a 2000 toyota avalon with 125,000. I am the second owner and bought it with 69,000 miles. 6 months ago, I heard my belts(serpintine or powersteering belts) squeal for a couple minutes in hot of cold weather.
I brought it to a local mechanic and he showed me that the belts are starting to frey on the outside. He also asked if my timing belt was ever changed and it hasn't. He mentioned that I was on borrowed time for having the timing belt breakdown and cause some serious damage. Per 2carpros advice, I plan on having the well pump, the 2 outside belts, the timing belt and belt tensioner replaced as well as the coolant flushed. The mechanic quoted me $780 for a timing belt kit and the rest of the work using OEM parts($280 got timing belt kit/$214 for water pump in parts alone and $80 to replace 2 outside belts). A few questions:
Is $780 an average price?
Should I ask the mechanic what is included in the timing belt kit?(I.E. Belt and tensioners or some other parts)
And should they be charging me.70 hours to put in the water pump when it is accessible?
And should I ask what type of belts they are using for the outside belt?
Cruisen77