WONT START

Toyota 4Runner

My toyota is a 1989 dont know milage it is standard 4 liter and wont start if you jump start it runs but you shut it off it wont start again I checked the battery and it is good tried to boost it still dont work just a jump start
Robert4065

Tell me exactly how can you tell a battery is good. Is it the little green eyeball on top of the battery for me that don't mean a thing.

I will give you a crash course on dealing with batteries and connections so comeback and we'll fire this toy up without the help of a booster battery. Get your printer or paper/pencil ready.

Well when I turn on the truck the wipers lights everything works make no sound when I turn the key it only starts when I junp start it if you could help it would be awsome

Robert4065
Before we start do you have a voltmeter we need this to track the problem. When you do-check for power at the coil positive terminal while key is in On position-do you have it?

Or do this swap battery for a known good one and see what happens, make sure its clean/tight.

BTW did you check all the fuses upfront and in cab.

I checked the ones under the hood and under the driver side dash and I found one under the hood that was burn into the fuse box I squeezed the two tips together and it worked for a couple days not I ran into this problem of it not starting I started it sunday before work than came home monday night and it would not start checked all fuses again and they are still good tried to boost it still nothing no wirling sound or anything

Robert4065
Check all fusible links take it out and inspect-concentrate on the main fusible link

All fuses are still good still no start is ther any other fuse box other than the one under the hood and under the dash on driver side

Robert4065
Turn key to On-check for power at coil positive terminal-do you have it?

Also Put key to start position-hold it there find the litttle wire at starter do you have power.

When you turn key On do you see the alternator/oil etc on the dash.

All lights come on in the dash I dont have a tester to check the starter is ther any other way to test the starter

Robert4065