LIFE EXPECTANCY

1999 Toyota 4Runner

Warranty problem
1999 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 193000 miles

what, s the likely problem expected on a 4runner engine of 310000 km milleage?
Joel aderibigbe

Hi there,

This is not an easy question to answer, this will depend on how the engine was maintained over the years, although 300+K's is a lot if it was well maintained that in it self is not a huge problem, but in general, I would be wanting to be having the compressions checked, check the oil pressure hot idle, if the heads have never been off, and I would think that they would off by now, I would be expecting the valve to be well recessed into the heads, and valve problems may be your main concern.

Mhpautos
I bought this new and have been very very good about taking care of it. I have always run synthetic oils (amsoil) in everything. Kept up on filter changes (fuel too, and replaced the Pt plugs with Iridium ones. As far as I can tell, it is still running just as good now as when I bought it! The interior (seats) is getting a bit worn but the gas millage, smog check still good and the oil looks clean through about 6000mi (I change every 12,000mi) then starts to get dark after that. No leaks of any kind and only had to replace the battery and water pump. Sorry, I don't have any compression checks but from the smoothness of the engine and mpg/clean oil I expect they are good.

Dcamp13