1999 Toyota 4Runner

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 205000 miles

On rather steep terrain my 4Runner would overheat after about 1/2 hour of going up. Traveling in 4Low in 2nd gear mostly. At first I didn't notice this until until I realized that I couldn't shift gears. They were stuck in 2nd and the clutch had fully depressed and was literally dangling (i.E. No spring). So I stopped accelerating and the vehicle didn't choke which was surprising because it was supposedly in gear. After about 2 minutes of pushing, I finally got it out of gear, that's when I noticed the engine was overheating. Lifting the hood I could hear the radiator boiling. So I let the vehicle idle for 15 minutes. Magically, the clutch spring came back and everything seemed to work fine again (after the engine cooled).

I tood the vehicle in and the Dealer didn't understand the issue, supposedly adjusted the radiator fan, although I didn't notice a difference. No radiator blockage or anything they could see as faulty. I have yet to run it up the logging roads again.

Now the spring on my clutch is squeeking and having looked at it, there appears to be a plastic bushing that is loose / broken on one end of the spring, just above the clutch pedal. Is this serious? Likely a result of the intense heat. Is it costly to repair?