THE CAR STARTS BUT WONT GO,

1999 Toyota Corolla • 288,800 miles

It was raining really bad 2 days ago the battery light came on and the car turned. Off. I turned it off then back. On and. It was running fine, yesterday it turned on but didnt accelarate as I pressed the gas. The check. Ingine. Light is. Not on so what could the problem be if the car turns. On but doesnt want to. Move please. Help.I am a women and have no idea about cars.
Dorisgarcia

So is the battery light on now while. It's. Running.

No its not on it runs but out of nowhere its slows down and stops itself, but when I turn it off and then back on it works fine for a little. When I drive it I even would try floor it and nothing it just slows down

Dorisgarcia
Have you had it scanned. For. Codes yet.

Yes they told me they couldnt help me because in order to get. Codes the check. Ingine. Light has to be on and mine is off.

Dorisgarcia
So you only have a issu with the transmission engaging?Have you checked the color and condition. Of the transmission fluid?