SUZUKI XL7 SENSOR PROBLEM

2003 Suzuki XL7

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Suzuki XL7 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 93,000 miles

My mechanic says the compressor is good, freon level is good, he only found 1 sensor switch which was good, wants to know if there is a relay switch or a second sensor switch. If not, please advise of possible problems. A/C blows, just doens't cool, compressor does not come on
Dlindley

Hi Dlindley,

Thank you for the donation.

There is a relay for the A/C compressor and it is controlled by the PCM. Test for power supply to relay and try swapping the relay to see if it works.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FuseBoxHood03SuzukiXL7_1.jpg

Thanks so much. Need to clarify info on the relay switch, is that a Suzuki part that has to be purchased from the dealer, if so I will need to order from Atlanta and want to make sure I get the correct part. Thanks again. What is the PCM?
Thanks.

Dlindley
PCM = Power Control Module, that is the engine computer.

I could not find any data on OEM A/C compressor relay so it should be a universal type which can be purchased from your local parts store.

Some other equipments uses similar relays so you can try swapping them first to confirm if it is the relay that is faulty.