CAR STALLS AND IS HARD TO START

2001 Suzuki Vitara

Computer problem
2001 Suzuki Vitara 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

we drove this car through a puddle about a month ago and alter that the car would stall when u removed your foot from the gas and would not run if u did not keep your foot atleast gentely on the throttle. I had it scanned and was told it was the mass air flow so after 400$ later the problem was the same. I was told th use a good throttle cleener and a tooth brush and cleen the throttle plate and barrel that didnt work so I bent the little arm on the throttle just a little to get the jeep running but I know there is still a problem as fast idle is not working properle and it will still try to stall. I had it scanned again and got a general code of intake flow system error, that tec told me to tak the assembly bellor the throttle out and cleen it that it was probably that so I did that and no difference. Note that everytime I do do something it does work a little better but not for more than a half houre. I dont want to spend more money than I need to with this so if there is anything I can try please help?
Jeffthe

The code could be from you bending the part to keep it running. Replace the air filter ans recheck MAF sensor readngs

Dave H