MAF / MAP SENSOR

1997 Suzuki Sidekick

1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 240K miles

Good morning. My Suzuki Sidekick Sport suddenly quit last week (keeps stalling, loss of power during driving). I had the oxygen sensor replaced about 2 weeks ago, and now the mechanic tells me the mass airflow sensor needs to be replaced. Different Suzuki dealers have given me different answers: one told me I have to replace the throttle body along with the sensor for over $1,000, another tells me I can get the MAF sensor by itself. Yet another is trying to sell me a MAP sensor - is there a difference? Which is it? MAF or MAP? I have a diagram which points out where the sensor is located on the engine. Is it simply a matter of taking the old one off, and putting the new on on, or is it more complicated than that? The shop wants over $100 to install the part.
ChristopherK.