MODELS WHINING NOISE

1989 Suzuki Other

Noises problem
1989 Other Suzuki Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 00000 miles

Hi guys. I recently replaced my main rear seal, spigot bearing, clutch, and put in a reconditioned gearbox
into my Suzuki Samurai. After installing it all it runs smoothly but it makes a really loud whining noise.

It does it in every gear and even in idle.
The noise stops when I push the clutch pedal in.

I am a bit lost as to why it is doing this as all the parts are new and I used all the correct tools like a clutch alignment tool etc. My buddy thinks it might be because it's all new that it needs time to " wear in" like new brakes do. Can you shed any light on my problem?
Mattdevine

Hi there,

Something is not quite right there. If you push in the clutch slowly dose the noise start to disappear as the pressure is taken up?F so I would be thinking a thrust baring fault. I would try removing the clutch slave cyl and carefully pulling back the clutch fork untill the bearing is completely off the pressure plate and run it up, if the noise is gone it is the thrust if still there spigot or front g/box bearing.

Mhpautos
Yes that's exactly what happens when I push the clutch pedal in. It also doesn't seem to do it in 4th or 5th gear and is louder on acceleration and not so loud on deceleration. I will try the bearing first and if that doesn't seem to be it I think I will take it the transmission back to the shop.

Mattdevine