MODELS REAR END SHUDDER

1988 Suzuki Other

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1988 Other Suzuki Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 160, 00 miles

Hi Guys, I have a 1988 Suzuki Samarai 1.3 4wd Manual. The car has suddenly developed a major shudder in the rear end or drive train when taking of through first and second gears and seems to dissapear gradually as speed increases. It is very bad when starting, and shakes the whole vehicle badly. I dont feel confident in trying to drive it to my mechanic who is about 15 miles away. It needs a new clutch.I know this because I hear the throw out bearing noise, although the clutch itself seems to work ok. 5 Speed Trans seems ok. No shifting or jumping out of gear problems. I, m thinking the Tail Shaft but it seems solid, and the problem developed overnight. Not gradually. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Paul.
Sorry about no donation. This is my first time here and I didnt know about it. Next time I, ll take care of you ok : )
Emmo48