PROBLEMS SINCE I PUT E85 IN MY 88 XT6

1988 Subaru XT

1988 Subaru XT 6 cyl Manual

I filled my 1988 Subaru XT with e85. I have been using premium since then and all the e85 was used up but there are still problems. The car not going over a certain speed limit, changes from day to day (usually 45-55 mps). When I try to go over that speed limit by giving it more gas, the car goes slower. The last time I drove it the car wouldn't go over 15 mph and stalled many times. I barely got it home and it wouldn't start back up.

I have contacted a few auto repair businesses and have received varying responses:
- I should start with replacing the spark plugs (probably fouled)
- Might be frozen because of the higher water content of e85
- Since I already ran a few tanks of premium gas through it since the e85, the e85 is probably not the problem
- Probably need all new injectors, fuel pump, etc.

People are saying a lot of different things, hopefully responses here will help clarify. Thank you for any help you can give.
Mmaria11000