OXYGEN SENSOR DAMAGE AFTER ENGINE REPAIR

Subaru Other

My 2001 Outback (82K mi) was making an obnoxious ticking noise, so I took it to my local dealer, who said the drivers side intake valve was coming apart and sent the cylinder head to a machine shop for repair. They also did a bunch of other stuff (without my approval)

They kept the car for 3 weeks. Within a few minutes of when I picked up the car, the check engine light came on. I took it back to the shop, where they ran a diagnostic scan and said my oxygen sensor is bad and will cost $300 to repair.

My question is, since there was no problem with my oxygen sensor prior to the engine repairs, and the problem began IMMEDIATELY after the repairs, isn't it highly likely that one of the repairs caused the damage? They aren't owning up to any responsibility, so what should I say to them?

Repairs on my invoice include:
Gasket cylinder head
Gasket intake manifol
Gasket rocker cover
Gasket spark plug pipe
Valve intake
Collet valve
Retainer valve spring
Coolant & cooling system conditioner
Gasket (listed several times)
Adjuster AY belt tension
Timing belt
Spark plug
Exhaust pipe hanger
Oil filter
Cleaner
Seal int valve
Seal exh valve
Oil seal

Thank you so much for your help!
Kimber
Kimber