HOW DO YOU REPLACE THE FOG LIGHT BULB ON A OUTBACK

2000 Subaru Other

I cannot figure out how to get the fog light out and change the bulb. The manual says to take it to a dealer but that seems ridiculous for a bulb change?

2000 subaru outback awd Legacy wagon
2000

Its a chore and you do need tools. They didnt really design any of the bulbs in the 2000 to 2004 legacy/Outback platform to be easy. You need to locate the two bolts that fasten it to the car, remove the bolts, remove the foglamp, disconect the conector, remove the bulb from the lens assembly. Revers procedure and remember not to touch the bulb with youre fingers.

Justin
All wheel Drive Auto

Scubaru
I found the 2 bolts and removed them but was not able to pull the fog llight out of the recess it is in is there a tricl to removing it or some additional bolt I did not see, do you have to spin it or twist it.
I tried for about an hour and finally gave up

i removed the grill and took out the bolts it got loose but would not come out?

2000
It comes out with difficulty as it has a socket in the bumper that accepts the tab at the end from the lens assembly. The two snap together It is a tight fit if you do get it out be sure to put a little grease on the tab that goes into the socket to make it easier the next time.

Justin
All Wheel Drive Auto

Scubaru