FLOODED OUT CAR FROM GOING THRU WATER

Subaru Other

1999 subaru legacy, 195000 miles. Went thru a water puddle and the car died. Engine turned over and started twice after the water problem and got the car a half mile home where it promptly died again. I have not been able to get it started since. Car turns over but will not start. I am not car smart but can get around and do the basic maintenance if needed. I have never had any car flooded out and dont know what to do to get it going again. Please help.
Diannasteagall

Depending how deep the water was, it could be a number of things, check the wiere to make sure they are dry. Check connections to see if there is water connected in the connections. Try some starting fluid to get the engine running. When you get the engine running let it run to help vaporize and water that is still there. Check your fluids to make sure no water is present. You can use a hair dryer to dry the wireing, careful not to burn any wires.

M_H_RITZEL