COOLING FAN RELAY

1987 Subaru GL

1987 Subaru GL 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 134000 miles

my 1987 subaru gl hb is a 1.6 5-sp, car is mint in and out.(Note the mileage)in traffic she almost red lines the temp, I noticed the fan wasnt flipping on. The fan itself works being tested on battery, fuses are all ok, where can I find the right relay or a good schedmatic for a guide on the wiring harness?Im car saavy but this is an original japan car. Temp switch?Broken wire?Relay?Looking for a starting point. Momma doesnt want a toggle switch.
Weeksy

Test the thermostat if okay -check and test the coolant temperature sensor or the engine temperature gauge switch computer might not be picking up its input signals therefore not activating the fan relay to fire up the fan motor. I don't blame her-she might forget about it and end up draining the battery then you're in big time trouble Why not tie it in on an ignition switch power