CLOCK

2002 Subaru Forester

2002 Subaru Forester 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Hello. Just a small matter, but it is quite an inconvenience. In the panel above the dashboard at the top of the windshield, the clock in the plastic panel does not work, and has not for years. The " vanity lights" do work and I have tried to remove the panel but it is difficulk and I am afraid of breaking it. Is there a battery of some sort in the clock, or could a wire be disconnected. Or. Is it just dead? I assume it is not a fuse as the vanity lights, as stated, do work and I assume would be on the same circuit. Is there a trick to removing the panel that houses the clock?

Thanks.

Alan Glasser
Alglasser

Alan, I cant find any instructions on removal of the plastic housing, but if you can get to it, the blue/red wire should have power to make the clock work, if it does then the clock may be bad. Sorry I couldnt find any info on the housing, you may want to try stopping in at a windshield replacement shop and asking one of the installers if they know since it is at the windshield they may have had one off before. If there arent any obvious screws, they usually snap on/off, and may require a litttle more effort than you would think to remove it

Jack42