CENTER CONSOLE CLOCK ABOVE REAR VIEW M

2002 Subaru Forester

2002 Subaru Forester 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 92,000 miles

I have checked both fuses for clocks and unit will not lite up, the lights above clock still work. How hard is the center console clock above the rear view mirror to change. Or is there something else that I am missing. I have reveiwed the owners manual and can not find a solution
Gman5166

More than likely the clock is shot. Happened to my 2001 Forester. You can replace the clock for about $50-60 new. Do not go to the dealer, as my experience is, they will make you buy the entire console not just the clock.

Chasski
Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the plastic cover around the clock. Then just unplug the old clock assembly and plug the new one in.

Gene Garner
To save yourself the $50-$60 take the clock out and re-solder all the connections as the go bad and crack. These clocks to do go bad, just the connections. You will need to solder them yourself but it is very easy. Even if you have to go buy a solder tool your out maybe $9 total and the fix is done in 15min.

COSubaru