CAR STALLING AFTER REPLACING SERPENTIN

2001 Subaru Forester

2001 Subaru Forester 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 157000 miles

Hi,

I took the car to the repair shop and replaced the battery and serpentine belt (preventative maintenance) at the same time and have had problems ever since.
The car has an idle problem - shakes dramatically at stoplights and (recently) stalls. Took the car back to the repair shop and they told me I had an oil leak which had ruined the spark plugs and head gasket. Replaced those. 15 minutes after picking the car up, I was right back at the repair shop for the idle problem I had originally come in with. Next they did a fuel injection service, replaced the idle air control valve and adjusted the idle. It was slightly better for a few weeks but now it's back to shaking and stalling at stoplights again. My car was running fine before I had the battery and belt replaced. It's now a nightmare to drive - did they put the belt on wrong?
Subaru2001