BEARINGS WEARING OUT

2000 Subaru Forester

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2000 Subaru Forester All Wheel Drive Automatic 174, 00 miles

Not sure if my bearing is going but when I talked to my mechanic in the states that was the possibility. My car makes a light scraping sound intermittently, and sometimes when I accelerate, seems to be on the right front. My mechanic here is laid up from a surgery and he is the only guy here to do the work. I drive short distance to work and store how long do I have before we have to fix this? I am going to have to wait for my mechanic to get back in the shop. Plus we'll have to order as we live in a remote area. Any advice?
Robinfaith

Hi Robin,

Yes the Bearing are a possibility and could lock up at any time even just going short distances.

Another possibility is the brake pads worn down to the rivets and scraping. Does the scraping get worse when you press the brakes? If so then I would say it is the brakes.

.

Obxautomedic
I had the brakes done recently, Back brakes an when I just had my oil changed and Winter tires put on three days ago my friend looked at the brakes and said they were great. He hard the noise and said it sounded like a bearing in the right front wheel though he didn't notice anything when he changes tires.

Robinfaith
Ok, then most likely it is the bearing and I would recommend changing both side. If one is starting to go bad then usually the other will follow shortly after.

.

Obxautomedic