BURNING RUBBER SMELL

1998 Subaru Forester

Smells problem
1998 Subaru Forester 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 173000 miles

My 1998 Subaru Forester. Rebuilt engine around 165k. I just replaced the crank sensor and the oil sensor and just recently when the weather started to turn warmer I'm getting a burning rubber sent in the morning for the first couple of miles driving and even if I warm up the car for 5-10 minutes in the morning. It is still there later in the day but not as strong. It seems like there is a whiteish smoke that comes out of the right front side of the hood but when I open up the hood there's not enough smoke to locate where the smell is coming from. It comes in strong through the inside vents. I've had a couple mechanics look at it and nobody is able to find out where it's coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It also seems to lack acceleration power with a slight slip going from 1st to second gear occasionally. Any recomendations on this as well. I've only owned the car since the engine has been rebuilt so I'm wondering if I just bought a lemon.
Chciecha