ROTATING NOISE AND REV PROBLEM

2002 SEAT Ibiza

Noises problem
2002 SEAT Ibiza Two Wheel Drive Manual 90000 miles

I took my car to have its air conditioning fixed about 2 weeks ago, the air con wasn't fixed as there was a problem with the radiator and would have been to expensive. Since I got it back the car is making a strange noise that is drive assisted (speeds up and slows with the revs and stops when clutch is down). It sounds like a helicoptor- as in something hitttng something as it rotates. Also now when I turn on the engine the revs fluctuate for a few seconds and has stalled as a result a couple of times. I think it may be idyling at lower revs too. Dispite problmes starting and strange noise it is driving as normal.

any suggestions whats causing this and could the mechanics have left something loose/ nocked something when working on the air con?
Kt_d