IMMOBILISER PROBLEM

2002 SEAT Ibiza

Computer problem
2002 SEAT Ibiza 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 109000 miles

(Sorry not sure if it a 6cyl)
I have a Seat Ibiza 1.9tdi sport 5 door. On starting the engine all the lights come on the dash (as they should do) but the immobiliser light stays on for 10 seconds after the others have gone off.
On 3 or 4 occasions the car won't start at all, the immobiliser light flashes on the dashboard. I have then removed the key, got out and locked the door using the key, then used the key fob to unlock and its started first time.
2 of the occasions this has happened after a very short trip, where I have driven maybe 3 miles then stopped the engine for maybe 5-10 minutes, then tried to start it.
Also the immobiliser light has come on whilst I'm driving, but doesn't flash, and I'm able to carry on driving.
I took the key and spare to the Seat main dealer, and they have re-programmed both keys. They are ok.
Can you help?
Debi5121