CHECK ENGINE LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON

2003 Saturn Vue

2003 Saturn Vue 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

check engine light keeps coming on even after tune up and replacement of oxygen sensors.
Barbosa27

I too own a 4cyl. 2003 Vue with approx. The same mileage, and it's doing the same thing. Before my dealership closed, they couldn't diagnose a specific problem and the " idiot" light still goes on. I've come to the conclusion that it's probably electrical because I had about 5 radios dropped in when I first bought this vehicle used, and it turned out to be shorting the radios out, and then the speakers were shorting out. The light seems to go on when the vehicle is stressed either by dampness from rain, or a sudden acceleration on a sharp turn. It seems like maybe loose or broken connections, but no one can find it. It goes out so I ignore it. I figure if it stays on, then I'll heed the warning.

On a new subject, does your steering column " creek" when you turn the wheel? That also seems to be a common problem with our vehicles.

Alioopla