CAR WONT START =(

1998 Saturn SW2

1998 Saturn SW2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

Hello-
I have a 1998 Saturn, and it has 109000 miles. I went to start it a few weeks ago, and it just turned and turned, would not start. The mechanic said the engine was flooded, but they got it to start no problem. Then it was fine for a few weeks. Just the other day, it happened again, would not start. I tried, waited a few min. And then tried again, still nothing. They towed it, and said it was flooded again. A family friend drove it for a few days, no trouble. I just got it back today, and it wont start again! The mechanic can't find anything " wrong' with it just that the engine gets flooded. But Initally when starting the car, I do not understand why it wont start, or what is causing it to flood speratically or what I can do to fix the problem. Any ideas?
Cblevins08