SATURN SL2 BODY PROBLEM

2001 Saturn SL2

2001 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I put a new valve body in my tranny because it was slamming in reverse and now that I have the new valve body in now I do not have reverse and drive. When I try starting the car it will not start in park only neutral what am I doing wrong?
Tmaxx698

When u put the valve body on did u hook the shifter linkage back up to the valve body?Let me know.

No we forgot to hook it up but we have another issue. When I pulled the new valve body back off and noticed that the shifter linkage was not hooked up I inspected the body and noticed that on the back side of the valve body there is a plunger that had almost fell out and when I checked the old one and it was spring loaded. Is it supposed to be spring loaded?

Tmaxx698
That's what I figured u forgot to hook up the linkage. Can u please post a pic of this plunger so I can see exactly what ur talking about thanks.

I'm sorry but I don't have access to a camera at this time I appolagize

Tmaxx698
Heres a exploded view of the valve body and transmission see if u see that part in the diagram if u do let me know what number it is.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2001_transmission_exploded_view_1.jpg

Changed erg valve, transmission valve body, fluid, and filter. And still hard shifting in all gears. 2001 SL2. No engine lights on. And ideas? Does TCM reboot itself?

Bweymer