CRACKED RADIATOR

1996 Saturn SL2

Engine Cooling problem
1996 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

Hello;

Back in May, the low coolant warning light came on and I noticed that the radiator had a crack in it along a seam. So I then replaced the radiator with a new one.

Now it is July and the radiator has again sprung a leak. I don't wish to replace the radiator again if it will just burst again due to underlying problem. Is there something I should look for before replacing?

Sincerely;
Michelle

PS: The engine burns a little oil. Also the coolant sensor (it had a crack in it) and the thermostat was replaced a few months before the radiator. The pressure relief cap was replaced at the same time as the radiator.
OutsideBox

Where is it leaking this time on the new radiator?I had a 1992 SL2 do the same thing the first radiator lasted 6 months had it warranted the next one lasted like a month the radiator company told me it was the car.I replaced it with a factory one and it never leaked again. The problem I was having was when they built the radiators they didn't crimp the core of the radiator on the tank correctly so it begun to leak over time. My factory one that came in the car cracked that's what caused me to change it in the first place. They all crack over time right below the upper hose it's not a fault of the car when that happens.