SECONDARY AIR INJECTION SYSTEM

2001 Saturn SL1

2001 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

it is showing code 0410 saying the secondary air injection system is malfunction
Brokeknight67

Brokeknight67
That code is ur air pump thats the hair dryer looking thing under ur hood on the left front of ur car by the washer bottle.I would start by checking all ur vaccuum lines the air pump fuse thatsunder the hood or just listen for that pump to turn on when the car is cold it will come on for like 30 seconds then turn off. When u first start the car at idle. Above ur a/c compressor is the valve that opens up to let the air blow into the exhaust manifold that is opened by vaccuum signal from that solindo right next to the valve. Start with that without a scan tool and some expernice on the system it can get tricky. Let me know what u find.
Louie

My 2001 has the same error - my problem was the tube from the air control valve to the exhaust manifold was clogged up with carbon. Cleaned the tube and exhaust manifold port and all is now well.
( I got off lucky!)
Regards
Gumshew

Gumshew